The Twitter web experience and Windows app for computers and tablets running Windows 10 and Windows 11 have been updated with a variety of new features over the past month.
Some of the more notable changes include additional tools for Communities and Spaces, an improved DM experience, support for new Super Follows paid content, and the addition of a location option when composing a tweet.
Here is the complete release notes new Twitter feature additions and updates:
- Communities: We’ve been working on a number of things to help you manage and customize your communities. Community admins can now edit themes, banners, rules, and whether the community is open or invite-only. More to come soon, follow all with @HiCommunities.
- DM: A lot of work has been done to improve the scrolling experience in DMs. Scrolling through historical content should now be much smoother and the conversation will consistently stay pinned to the bottom when it needs to.
- Spaces: Currently available to a limited number of hosts, we’re working to bring playback of saved spaces to Twitter.com. Learn more here and follow all things Spaces with @TwitterSpaces.
- Super Follows: The ability to compose exclusive Tweets for your Super Followers is now available to all creators on Twitter.com.
- Twitter Blue: We’re exploring ways to take the Twitter experience to the next level. Now launching in select countries, Twitter Blue is a paid monthly subscription that gives you access to exclusive features to help you personalize your Twitter experience. In addition to managing subscriptions and subscriptions, we’re starting with a set of features including un-Tweet, top posts, reader mode, ad-free posts, and bookmark folders. Learn more and stay up to date with @TwitterBlue.
- Tweets: When new Tweets arrive on News Feeds, they are grouped together behind a new Tweets bar. This helps maintain your position while scrolling and lets you view new content when you’re ready.
- Tweets: The Tweet Composer on the web now supports the ability to add a location to your Tweets if location services are enabled in your browser.
- Accessibility: Improved accessibility role coverage for all default modal views. This should improve the general usability of screen readers.
- Accessibility: We’ve added badges to a number of different media types to indicate when alt text is applied.
- Misinformation Tags: We’ve updated the look of our misinformation tags to provide additional context and signal for related Tweets.
- Video: The player will now handle search position adjustment requests more gracefully, especially on longer videos. This should result in fewer dropped requests when searching quickly or under slower network conditions.
- Spaces: You can now report a space from the preview screen instead of having to walk into the space to report it. Reporting a space will also display a toast to confirm the report.
- Super Follows: Tweets and replies classified as exclusive now display the correct context in the composer.
- Tweets: Quote Tweets that contain media with sensitive content warnings will now display as links instead of previewing the content.
- Accessibility: The password visibility button in the password input field is now properly accessible when tabbing.
- Accessibility: Improved accessibility labeling and roles for pop-ups that capture focus, such as the alt text badge.
- Accessibility: We’ve improved the handling of when avatars should be focusable and when they shouldn’t.
- Carousels: Avoid flickering caused by resizing content when scrolling quickly through carousels.
- Composer: Composer modal will now prompt you to save or delete your draft if you have made changes and are exiting the stream from an internal modal such as the GIF picker or scheduler.
- Composer: Creating a Tweet feed with a poll will no longer cause an error when adding additional Tweets in the same session.
- DMs: Fixed cases where messages containing long strings such as URLs would cause DMs to exceed the width of the chat screen instead of wrapping.
- DM: DM compose button size changed for mobile devices.
- DM: The scroll bar in the DM chat window no longer inappropriately snaps to the bottom when there is no typing indicator.
- DM: When you make multiple updates to a chat group’s avatar, only the most recent update will show up in the chat.
- Login: We’ve improved the login experience on mobile and web apps.
- Login: Avoid problems with entering the password outside the display window on mobile devices.
- Multi-account: Fixed cases where adding a new account put you in a state where your previous account was incorrectly showing as logged in.
- Scrollbars: Fixed issues in several places where scrollbars were rendered under section headings.
- Search: Trying to search for the same query again using the Enter key on the search results screen will now result in a new query.
- Search: The search filters screen will no longer redirect to the Explore page when no query is present.
- Spaces: Avoid cases where the contents of the Spaces dock move and flicker unexpectedly.
- Super Follows: When composing exclusive Tweets, the save draft prompt no longer appears because they cannot be saved.
- Super Follows: Schedule controls have been disabled for exclusive Tweets as they are currently not supported.
- Third Party Login: Enter key will now correctly submit the login request. Also, the account name field should automatically populate with suggestions as expected.
- Tweets: Tweets sent with Undo Tweet enabled will no longer stay at the top of the timeline in certain scenarios.
- Tweets: The new Tweets bar will no longer show up when you’re already at the top of the timeline.
- Tweets: Clicking on the currently active tab will reveal all Tweets that are currently behind the new Tweets bar.
- Tweets: Deactivating or blocking accounts will now correctly remove all associated Tweets from the new Tweets bar.
- Tweets: Fixed issues when there are still pending Tweets to send and you switch accounts.
- Tweets: Education banners will now display consistently on the Tweet detail screen.
- Typeahead: Fixed cases where the typeahead dropdown was visually clipped on Android devices.
- Verification: Progressing through the account verification process without an email address will no longer leave you in an unrecoverable state.
- Video: Fixed cases where subtitles were not available for some videos.
An app update is not required to view the above changes, although some features and functionality may be restricted to certain regions when tested.
Want more Windows apps news? Follow us on twitter.