- Responsible for supporting data science projects and solutions by leveraging software and website development experience to solve a variety of use cases at and for the client.
- Should be highly skilled in systems analysis and design, web and software engineering, and UX and UI design with the ability to build and scale tools and applications efficiently in a cloud environment.
- Fundamental knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge base in software and web development
- Software and website development frameworks, concepts and terms
- Dev ops CI/CD and cloud deployment best practices
- Cloud Containerization Knowledge, Standards, and Application Deployment Options
- Cloud computing and platform management (GCP, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Stakeholder management
- Problem solving
LEADERSHIP ATTITUDES/ SKILLS
- Take initiative
- Positive attitude
- Innovative thinker
- Works well in a team
- Works well under pressure
- Appreciates a dynamic/changing environment
- Very skilled in multitasking
- Management of time
- Identify needed organizational improvements, design systems to implement those changes, then train and motivate others to use those systems.
- Perform work related to the design of user interface and UX # elements that enable users to use our products and services effectively and with minimal effort.
- Execute the design, development and/or maintenance of all web components necessary for the proper functioning of the tools and services.
- Engage with stakeholders to support the design and delivery of data science projects and solutions.
- Use software development techniques to solve business problems.
- Responsible for working with a team of software and website developers to develop and maintain our cloud-based toolsets and production applications.
- Design, build and maintain software and web-based tools and applications hosted on-premises and in cloud environments.
- Support software and web-based tools and applications for exploratory data analysis and solution development.
- Lead and develop a team of junior software and web developers
- Contribute to our agile way of working and our culture of innovation.
- Up-to-date knowledge of software and web development tools and related technologies.
- Translate business requirements into system requirements.
- Consistent documentation of all tools, systems and processes implemented.
- Support tools, applications, and infrastructure lifecycles through standard service management principles and processes.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION REQUIRED
- 3-year degree/diploma (NQF Level 6) preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Software and/or Web Development or related field.
- A relevant graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, including at least 2 years in a software and/or web development environment.
- Experience in ICT/Telecommunications would be a plus. Experience in systems and process analysis and design.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform.
- Should keep abreast of new software development frameworks, tools and methodologies and be able to put them into practice.
- Software and web development